Monday, April 30, 2007

Healthy Living

I have started cooking on last Tuesday night (the eve of ANZAC day). What probably made me started cooking after such a long time is I am sicked of eating outside food and yearn for home-cooked. I haven't been really cooking since my uni days and that's like since 2002. I did cook like simple food while bunking in with friends when I first moved here to Melbourne and a few more times in my own kitchen. That's like once in a few weeks cos I got so sicked of eating the same thing for consecutive days in a week.

Last week dish - Stir fry minced chicken in char siew sauce with vege!
[YES, 1 Dish to RULE them all!!]

I have just finished cooking today and they are:
-Stir fry mince chicken in black bean sauce with vege (easy mah)
-Pasta
(Hopefully these will last me a few days, at least til Thurs.)

One disadvantage of cooking myself is I tend to eat a lot more! I thought I could be healthier. Perhaps my increase intake is due to my increase metabolism since I started exercising more.

Anyway, speaking of which I have been hitting the gym since early April. However, I haven't started carrying heavy weights and doubt I would since I'm trying not to put on the mass like I used to during my swimming days. I am in now for cardio, endurance-building and toning at this stage. Maybe, just maybe, I will go for power-training just to build on my strength without bulking up too much. Hopefully, I will get back into shape in a few more weeks, that is my 6-pack and 13" triceps.

My usual workout:
15-20mins on Cross-trainer
2-3 sets of the following:
10-12 reps of Chin-ups or if tired Lat Pull-down (lat or wings)
20 reps of Leg extension (quadriceps)
10-12 reps of Dips (triceps and chest)
25-30 reps of Crunch with light weight (abs) [total of min 100 reps]

I hope to hit the gym 2-4 times a week with a session of squash on Sundays.

Ok, I'm too full now cos I was being a glutton...!!!

2 comments:

synergylyn said...

Hehe... got secret recipe ah? Share share le.

whoalse said...

Cannot la! Secret Recipe not mine, it's a franchise back home! Grin....