Saturday, April 21, 2007

Battered & Bruised

It was D Day for us 10 girls and 10 guys to head to Port Melbourne, destination: Melbourne Indoor Paintball (MIP)! The anticipation for the game has been in our minds for at least a week. Most were excited yet afraid of the pain upon being TAGGED! Yes, the term for being shot is TAGGED.

(After the game and started raining, I guess to clean us up....)

We were divided into 2 Teams - Red & Grey.
In the Red Corner stood Annabel, Cindy, Christine, Li Tse, Nica, Vicky, Ferry, Fred, Joe and I. Yep, Red is made up of 6 girls and 4 guys!

In the Grey Corner stood Irene, Lyn Li, Simran, Stella, Aman, Arjun, Bence, Lucas (missing fro the group pic), Ping and Sam.


Was the Red Team intimidated by the bigger and stronger Grey Team? We took the game by storm, mind you! Ferocious Fred ran and came back with the "injured Superman"! Incidentally, Fred is wearing a Superman T. Does that make him the Superman's Saviour?! Hmmm.....The ladies played well too. I got shot at the back by my teammate (whoever s/he is).

I was tagged on the head (where it's not covered) 3 times, TWICE by Arjun and once by Lucas!! I got my revenge on Arjun in the second last game and took out my "anger" on Bence in the final game! Some mentioned that I was the moving target since I was wearing the yellow track bottom. Can you find the swollen bruises on my thigh in the pic below? I have been thru worse before when played during my uni days but I'm not asking any of you to tagged me more next time, if there is next time. For now I have discovered/found 3 bruises on my head, 2 on my left thigh, 2 on my back and a few minor ones with cuts on my arms/knuckles. The bruises will be more visible tomorrow!

(Pls ignore the hair; I know Aman and Arjun are hairier though!)

It was a great outing, barring the agony. The best part for me is seeing the smiles on the faces and hearing the laughters after each and every game (6 in total)! It's one of the best birthdays I ever have.

I'm honoured to have the support of Cindy and Nica for coming in as replacements to make up the numbers after some last minute pull-out due to personal reasons. Those who didn't join, you have missed the "moments"! For those who were new to paintball, you can say you're no longer a Paintball Virgin!

Got to get some rest and continue the celebration later tonight.......

p/s: Seems like I'm blogging everyday but it won't be every day once I get busy with work and photography..........

No comments: