Thursday, July 26, 2007

New Toy for Me

Boys will be boys. As we grow older our toys get more expensive but not necessarily bigger.

I'm typing this post with my new laptop, ASUS F3Jr, which I bought it yesterday after weeks, if not months, of waiting! This is my first computer which I bought with my hard earnt cash. I have had only 3 personal computers. First being the one bought by dad for my college studies in 2000 while the second was a MiTAC laptop bought prior to my studies in Perth (which is being used by my mom at home).

Ever since started working, I have been using laptops issued by employers. IBM T22 and T41 from PwC, HP Compaq nc6220 by WB and KPMG. I still prefer IBM T41 to the HP but I'm getting used to the interface of this beasty monster!

The specs are amazing given the price is relative affordable. Given the similar specs, the branded laptops are more expensive. The following are some of the specifications:
  • Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
  • 2 Gb RAM
  • 120Gb HDD
  • ATI X2300 128Mb Dedicated Memory
  • 15.4" WXGA
  • DVD RW
  • 2 year Global warranty

Am I delighted with my new toy? I love it and I'm sure it will really help in my photography!

No comments: