Sunday, July 15, 2007

Coldest Winter in Years

It's been confirmed that this winter in Melbourne is one of the coldest in many years. This was discussed by us over dinner at friends' house last night. Some of us have been here for a very long time and they mentioned it's never been this cold before. As I have mentioned in my earlier posts, this is only my second winter and it's definitely colder than last year!

We had a great time enjoying everyone's company while having steamboat during a cold winter night. The warmth from the steamboat (both spicy and clear soups) really helped the coldness.

Rob's grinning with the thoughts of WARM FOOD!!

Cooking while heating all of us!!

Fred's secret in stirring!!

Girls and Gossips!!

In the mean time, I took this shot yesterday before it started drizzling. However, I just didn't have time to set up a tripod for this macro. Yes, I used the 105VR macro lens. The breezes didn't help as they resulted in movements, though minute to our normal eyes, which are magnified under the macro lens. This is only one that I could salvage but it's not the ideal one for me.

1 comment:

nUtZ said...

Man It is so warm in perth, I could go out in shorts and t-shirt.. poor melbournians... :D

Anyway going out to catch the sun rays.. :D