Thursday, December 31, 2009

Glutton Nite Out Relishing Korean BBQ

While I am awake at 5am on the very last day of 2009, I had to write about this incident happened few days ago in Sg as it's such a funny experience of which will certainly go down memory lane.

A cousin, AH, is looking at getting a new laptop and I tagged along since we'd be having dinner later with his bro, AY before heading for a night shoot. We headed to Sim Lim Square and I was advised to avoid stores at ground level be it computers or camera gear!

Anyway, it was decided that we would head to Bugis since it's just a short walk from SLS. Korean buffet dinner was the choice the brothers decided. That's one good decision. However, the subsequent decision and action (rather inaction by the other 2 persons) led to the hilarious incident!

We were left with an order form to choose our dishes. Guys being guys, we left the ordering with AH to hasten the ordering process with a single decision-maker. I recalled AH asked me, "Do you eat everything?" and it didn't hit me (and AY) until much later!! I wouldn't say this led to us being regret for what AH did or what AY and I didn't do but what a surprise we had.

The dishes kept coming and coming, filling up our table that's meant for 4 seaters comfortably. This was even after we started emptying the existing dishes! AY started to feel full from looking at the plates on the table. The look on our faces would have been "the moment", but alas, we were all shocked at the amount of food we had to have and would have to relish!


Obviously, AY and I were curious what else would there be. So, we asked and the response we got hit us so hard we were in a fit of laughter, realising the impact of the question AH posted earlier. AH literally ticked every meat in the order form, minus mutton! All sorts of pork, beef, chicken and prawns with various flavours!

AY indeed went out for fresh air a few times but he was the first to "quit" the adventure. Glory probably belongs to me that dinner that lasted almost 90mins of continuous eating, thanks to AH!

It was certainly a memorable glutton nite with these 2 brothers of mine, one of whom will never be ordering food again (no prize for right answer) and if he did we'll make sure it's not everything in the menu again! Nevertheless, it was a great dinner - "sum"-tious yet delirious!

The brethren
p/s: The walk for the night shoot was indeed helpful. The next morning, I was woken up early to clear my bowel while AY was feeling full still!

No comments: