Friday, August 31, 2007

Merdeka Day

Today marks the 50th Independence Day for Malaysia.

50 years ago, the late Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj chanted the famous "Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!" in the Stadium Negara. I have bumped into this great figure when I was just a little kid. I could recalled he dropped by my grandpa's place once for house-warming and for poker. Being that little kid then, I didn't really care who he is back then! All I could remember was his huge black rim specs!

50 years on, the multi-cultural, multi-racial nation has experienced tremendous and colourful growth, albeit controversial at times. It has come a long way

The recent announcement of NCER by the current PM for the northern region seems to be a good plan. We can only hope that the plan will be executed accordingly, as in walk the walk, talk the talk and not talk cock, sing song! The Northern Corridor plan will certainly benefit the northern region where Penang, Perlis, Kedah and Perak are located.

Happy Merdeka to all Malaysians!

No comments: