Monday, June 11, 2007

Quality Family Time

For the past 10 days, it's been quiet here. Time really flies. My parents were visiting and staying over at my place after their 6-day Sydney-Melbourne tour ended. They left late last night. The weather has been very accommodating during their whole duration here in Melbourne. Coming from the hot and humid place, it's very chilly for them. I had to have 2 heaters fully blasted most of the times! Having said that, they preferred to stay home.

The 3 of us really spent quality time together after a very long time. I would say we haven't done that for a long while, not even my recent trip back. There were laughters from our actions. Cleaning, tidying, vacuuming, re-arranging and assembling. Mom was eating ice-creams with the heater within arm's length while dad and I were assembling some new furnitures. My place now looks more like a home now as compared to 4 weeks ago. A sofa, a proper bed, a small dining table, a shelf are some of the new furnitures and fittings available now.
Above - June 2006; Below - June 2007
Unfortunately, I had to fall sick and didn't manage to bring them to places which were planned to. We only managed to visit Dandenong Ranges, Geelong, Port Melbourne, St Kilda, Vic Market and Boxhill. Great Ocean Rd is too long a drive while Frankston is just another town by the bay. They have visited Sovereign Hill and Philip Island as part of the tour.

Food-wise, it's all either Chinese, Malaysian, Vietnamese or Thai since my parents are not that adventurous on food. Thai food is definitely more authentic here than back home. We had fish and chips in a Geelong restaurant near the pier.

Well, it will be almost a year before we get to spend time together again as a family. Til then, I'll cherish those moments together as a family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, so please INVITE them to come often, so that your place will be properly filled and you will eventually have a proper place call HOME; and thereafter I think you can ask your dad to fill up with lovely toys for u to pastime there ie I mean new dslr with new lens lor...ahem...

Anonymous said...

Bro, now your apartment looks like a REAL apartment! Wow...wish I've gone there this year instead of last year.
Hmm...But I'll miss sleeping on the beanbag though...nice and comfy...anyway, very nice!