Friday, January 25, 2008

Frustrations, Disappointments and Greed

For the past couple of weeks, I have been feeling really tired and just didn't feel like doing much other than lazing at home. This may have been the result of a few recent happenings.

Usually, I would be taking lots of pics and/or editing them. However, it has not been the case. Instead, I have been having shorter fuse and easily get frustrated with things that normally I would shrug off.

What probably started off this streak is that I felt betrayed and wounded by someone whom I am closed to. It just worsened from week to week.

Additionally the late nights in the past few weeks just didn't help at all.

On another matter, I am very proud to say that I'm earning and spending my own hard earnt money since I started working. Even during my 2 final university years, I was working casually to be able to enjoy life a little bit without worrying about my parents' finances. From the cameras, lenses, accessories and my car, I have gotten them with my own cash. These monies may also be from my swimming days' incentives but they are still hard earnt from the efforts of both myself and my parents poured in. The other sources are from the further investments I made with the advise of my dad. I have to admit that without the educations provided by my parents, I would not have attained these.

For sure, I will never allow money to be the root of my undoing. Neither will I be the slave of it. So long I can live comfortably from what I have, I will not allow greed to set into my life. My parents have provided me the opportunities and supports to study and learn from those around me. Of all the gifts I received, they are the greatest. Of course, these are besides their love that will never ever be overtaken.

Indeed, historically money has proven to be the root of all evil. It just takes some efforts and willpower to resist the greed. I guess I am brought up very well by my parents as well as through competitive swimming of which only diligence will be rewarded.

I hope tomorrow I will be able to fill my huge lungs with some breaths of fresh air while spending time with a group of friends in Dandenong Ranges. Perhaps, I should also spend a little bit of time to refresh and recharge myself for the journeys ahead.

To recap, will I be tempted by money? Maybe I will but I will have the willpower to resist it. Time will tell...........at least I have this note to remind me too!

No comments: