Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Finally

Finally, I get to meet up with a close friend
Finally, we get to catch up after so very long
Finally, we reminisced the good ol' memories we had
Finally, I am suddenly feeling very tired


The friend who visited from Perth recently finally left Melbourne few hours ago. I am very happy that we get to meet up, catch up and sharing the laughters from the good ol' times we had during our swimming days.

Time really flies. We were just chatting on our way to the airport and both realised that it's been at least 12 years since we've known each other (longer for her elder brother). We just clicked right from the dawn I picked her up (and right from where we left off back in Malaysian Games 1998 and back in Perth 2005)!!

TWELVE years and TWELVE Apostles!! Hahaha......That's a coincident!

I am very glad my friend made the trip here. Certainly, the one week including New Year's eve was one of my best moments. I will certainly cherish these memories - our 1st trip to the 12 Apostles, Sovereign Hill and the many adhoc plans we had! It was fun, tiring but very fun. Lots and lots of photos were taken during the 1 week, meaning I have plenty of backlogs ;P.

After sending her off, I am finally and suddenly feeling very tired after a week of having someone to annoy, chat and spend some time with.

The memories of those moments have been captured. I guess when I look back in many years from now (like all other great memories) these captured moments will definitely put a smile (perhaps a cheeky grin) on my face.

Quite frankly, I am very happy to know that she's doing well in life.

Thanks again for the sweet gifts and of course for visiting me.......the gifts are of course not necessary but nevertheless very nice gestures.

When will we meet again? Perhaps in 2009 during the BIG Swimmer Get-Together, an idea I have put forward to many other Malaysian swimmers from many states but now scatter all around many continents. I'd rather hope some of us will come together more often.

New Year Resolutions - making the Swimmers' Gathering in 2009 a reality, continuously strengthening myself in many ways and keeping in touch more often with family and friends.


Finally, I am heading to bed


p/s: These captured memories will be posted on my WhoALSE website soon. For now, I need to get to bed and get myself ready for the reality tomorrow.

No comments: