Monday, October 29, 2007

Memories in Lorne, Great Ocean Road & Apollo Bay

It's been really some hectic 2 weeks for me. Hence, the silence. I have been taking and editing loads of photos in that fortnight and still am -from jugglers, birthday, random shoots and travel. That is because I have picked up bits and pieces from my master who has been willing to illuminate me.

As part of the Red Bubble Melbourne, we paid a visit to and overnight in Lorne over the weekend. It was certainly a blast and getting closer to some of them whom I have met during my first RB meet in August. RB Melbourne is certainly made up of diverse groups of people - cultures, personalities, job backgrounds. Fun, warm, friendly are some of the descriptions I can put in words.

I definitely love the drive along the Great Ocean Road to and fro from Lorne (Apollo Bay). It reminds me of the stretch in Penang leading to Batu Ferringhi albeit a much shorter. Both shares the similar winding and steepness with trees all around. I'm glad I joined the trip, especially the teasing of playing catch up by a Bubbler with his red hot Golf GTi.

About 20 of us spent most of the time by the beach and weather was just awesome for a beach out! Shooting by the beach and even having someone handpainting a portrait, talk about art!

I have to admit that there wasn't much sceneries to take other than the horizon which is pretty much similar. Where we are do have some pretty sunrise (and not sunset) but there were just too overcast for the sunlight to come through. In fact, all of us slept in as it drizzle in the morning and of course the late night we had!

Feeding the wild cockatoos and King Parrots on the balcony of the cottage are some of the memories I would reminisced. It was so up close and personal with the birds and they are not very shy of us, so long we have the seeds!

Here are some of the shots taken:
Welcome to Great Ocean Road
The Horizon
Pathway to the Ocean

Cockatoo with its Crest Displayed (just for a few seconds after landind)
The King & I

One thing led to another and I did have the opportunity for a model shoot too with art direction! Certainly, there were some keepers from the shoot. I'm still very excited by the experience though I did have some disappointments. I'll leave it for my next post.

Cheerios.....

No comments: