Monday, March 17, 2008

My First PAID Gig

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to capture some family portraits. It's certainly a great experience and I hope I will be able to build on it. I spent about 2 hours with the family of 4 (5th on its way though) and snapped a couple of hundred images. Below are some of my favourites which are aplenty.


Having a paid job, does that equate to being a professional now? In my book, a professional probably has the following features though in no particular order:
1) A technique and style that are unique to his work
2) Well-known and widely recognised by peers
3) Well-versed with LIGHT - A quote by Anthony McKee "The Study of Light Takes A Lifetime"
4) Consistently producing high quality images/artworks
5) Down-to-earth attitude yet still keeping professionalism at heart
6) Commitment, Sacrifice and Taking Chances
7) Keep learning to progression and development

So, am I a pro? I just know I'm passionate about photography and I'll keep learning......

No comments: