Friday, September 4, 2009

An Awesome Experience with The Grand Illusionist

I attended the performance by the great David Copperfield about 3 weeks back, 15th August 2009. I've always been fascinated by what he has done in the past. When it was mentioned by a friend that David will be touring Australia, I decided that I would not want to miss this opportunity to see him perform live.

Oh yeah, Webster the duck made some appearances too....! He walked through concrete steel, reminiscence of the same feat through The Great Wall, "puppetted" a maroon-coloured tie of an audience, wound himself shorter, made a piece of "magic" paper levitates/skips then turned it into a rose for a lady, made a group of audience disappeared on stage and reappeared at least 30m away in the crowd and had audiences gave random some numbers similar to his grandpa's 2 license plates.

It was truly an experience forever etched in me. His feats, though may be illusions, are certainly a form of inspirations and motivations.

Oh yeah, David Copperfield has put on plenty of weight and no longer his skinny self in the 80s and 90s! I thought he was a double!

Another tick off from my bucket list.....!

No comments: