Thursday, July 1, 2010

Simplicity version 2: Simplify to Amplify

I've been playing with my camera in full manual mode with an old manual AI 35mm f/1.4 lens. It's great to come back to the basics once in a while and it's so very fulfilling. About 20 years ago during CNY, I remember being handed a film SLR to play with for the very first time. "Turn this til the view is clear then click this button". I got it back then.

Simplify to Amplify is another inspiration that I just thought of. It's not like it's a whole new series but more of a sub-series to Simplicity is Beauty.

What triggered this idea was me reminiscing the moments I had with my late friend. There were plenty of banters between us in topics like auto v manual, pc v mac, nikon v leica and the likes. I miss those stuffs and it's only been a few weeks. Foek On is definitely the inspiration for this.

Now off to bed and hopefully this won't keep me awake...

No comments: